The Michigan Wine Country Photo Contest has been created by the Michigan Grape and Wine Industry Council to solicit photos for Michigan Wine Country magazine. Michigan Wine Country is the signature publication promoting Michigan wines, wineries and wine touring, and we are hoping you can help us find the perfect photos for the 2014 edition of the magazine by sharing yours!
Criteria for Submitting Photos
- The contest is open for entry from Thursday, October 31 through Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 12 noon EST.
- The Michigan Wine Country cover is in a vertical format and suitability for the cover will be a prime consideration for our Judges.
- Participants must be able to provide submitted image at a MINIMUM resolution of 2625 pixels horizontal and 3500 pixels vertical at 300 dpi. Entries that do not meet this size will be disqualified.
- To be considered for the magazine cover, the image must be generic enough to not be easily identified as any specific winery.
- Any identifiable individuals in your photo must have signed a photo release or otherwise given permission to use their likeness for this purpose.
- You may submit up to 10 photos.
- You must be at least 21 years old at the time of entry.
- Complete rules, terms and conditions
All submissions will be reviewed by our Judges who may contact you to confirm photo details. The Judges will select Finalists during the entry portion and post them online to this page and on Facebook as they are chosen. This will help to promote Michigan wine, the contest and your entry!
On December 2nd, all the Finalists will be posted for voting and anyone may vote once per day for any photo until the contest concludes on December 20, 2013 at 12 noon EST.
The votes will be tabulated and the top vote-getter (People's Choice) will receive first pick of the two Grand Prize Packages. The Judges' Choice selection will receive the remaining Grand Prize Package and will appear on the cover of the 2014 Michigan Wine Country magazine. Please be aware that the People's Choice is not guaranteed placement on the cover, just their pick of the prize. If the People's Choice and Judges' Choice are the same entry, the photo receiving the second-highest number of votes will receive the second Grand Prize Package. All Finalists will receive a Vintage Michigan Membership. The winners will be announced online on January 6, 2014.
Only Finalists will be considered for use on the cover of Michigan Wine Country. However, all submitted photos may be considered for use on interior pages of the magazine.
Submit Your Photo
By submitting your photo and entry to the email address below, you agree that you have reviewed the complete contest rules and will abide by them.
Copy the following and email along with photo to email@example.com:
Your City & State:
Your Age: (must be 21)
Your Phone Number:
Your Email Address:
*Include at minimum: the location, date taken, and name of winery/vineyard if you know it. A brief description is welcome and if you have a website or Facebook we can link to, please include that as well.
Phone number, email and mailing address will be used solely to contact winning entries. Your name, city and state will be posted online with your photo.
Grand Prize Packages
Thank you to our tourism partners for their generous donations to our Grand Prize Packages!
Northwest Michigan Wine Touring Package:
2 nights, subject to availability at the Grand Traverse Resort
1 Matterhorn Dinner for two at Tastes of Black Star Farms
1 VIP cellar tour at Chateau Chantal for 2 people
Shuttle service to and from Chateau Chantal by Celtic Transport